Deputies crack down on underage liquor sales | News
Sebring, Florida-- A check of local liquor stores netted five local businesses charged with selling alcohol to person under the age of 21.
The Highlands County Sheriff's Office Safe Neighborhoods Unit checked 41 local businesses and says 80 percent complied with the legally required I.D. checks when selling alcohol.
The five clerks that received misdemeanor citations include:
- Deborah Cantrell from Market 27 on US 27 in Avon Park,
- Nurjahan Begum from the Marathon Gas station on US 27 in Avon Park
- Diana Sanchez from the 7 Days Food Mart on US 27 South in Avon Park
- Matthew Moody from the Sebring Love Bugs on US-27 in Sebring
- Shehzad Lalani from the Citgo on US-27 North in Sebring
36 establishments did not sell alcohol illegally in the operation.
"As we continue to work towards our vision of a safer Highlands County, we are pleased to see that so many in the community are contributing to that vision," said Sheriff Susan Benton. "Thank you to all of the local vendors for your efforts to protect our young people by not selling alcohol to minors."